- Location：Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
- Disciplines and Media：All
- Residency Period：90 days during January to December, 2019
- Grant：Transportation (Roundtrip economic class airline tickets or roundtrip Taiwan High Speed Rail tickets), a daily allowance of NT$500, material fees
- Institution Provide：Studio, accommodation, and execution support.
- Paid by artist：All other cost
The creation plans during the artists’ stay in Taiwan must involve the Kaohsiung local culture, geographic environment, cultural landscape, social conditions, and other issues. Such art pieces must be displayed before the residency period expires. We accept all types of art form.
Residency Duration and Due Dates:
Open call dues August 12th 2018 (Midnight, Taiwan time). Selected artists will do their residency in Pier2 for 90 days during January 1st, 2019 to December 31st, 2019.
Obligations of Resident Artists:
1. Artists are required to executive residency plan before the residency period expires.
2. At least one artwork or project of the artist by mutual consent should be left in Pier 2 Art Center before the residency period expires.
3. Artists are required to finish the communication and cooperation plan during the residency periods. (artworks, workshop, academic exchange, education programs, community empowerment, etc.)
4. During the residency period, resident artists and groups are prohibited from carrying contraband, flammable materials, explosives, and other hazardous items, and must comply with the regulations governing the use of sites, space or facilities in the Pier-2 Art Center.
5. Resident artists (and groups) should cooperate in art and cultural promotion programs organized by the Pier-2 Art Center, such as seminars, exhibitions, performances, open studios, and other exchange activities
6. Foreign artists are required to pay USD/ Euro 100 as a deposit. Local artist are required to pay NTD 3000 as a deposit. The whole deposit will refund after artists finished communication, cooperation plan and exhibition, and procedure of checking out.
How to Apply:
1. For being environment-friendly, we only accept online applications now. Applicants should fill in the online application form (https://goo.gl/bkCdmY).
2. Applicants must provide the required documentation such as curriculum vitae, collection of works, and creation plans during their stay in Taiwan via wetransfer, google drive, or any other online download link before the relevant submission deadline.
3. Evaluations will be carried out based on all of the materials submitted by the applicants. Any works submitted that are false or incomplete or do not meet the requirements will not be considered.