- Location：Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Disciplines and Media：All fields and forms are accepted
- Residency Period：2018 April-July, the duration of residency is basically 90 days
- Grant：Roundtrip economic class airline tickets or roundtrip assigned-seating Taiwan High Speed Rail tickets, a daily living allowance of NT$500, subsidy material fees
- Institution Provide：Studio and living space
- Paid by artist：N/A
During April 2018- July 2018, PAIR is having OPEN CALL for all field of art. The program is open to any kind form. At the end of residency, selected artist will have the chance to present their works via exhibitions or window art gallery…etc. at Pier 2 Art Center, the hubs of creativity at Kaohsiung City.
What will we provide?
1. studio and living space.
2. An area and opportunities for art exchanges.
3. Round trip economy class airline tickets or round trip assigned-seating Taiwan High-Speed Rail tickets. (proof required for reimbursement)
4. A daily living allowance of NT$500
5. Subsidy Material fees (determined based on the plan of each creation.)
1. Individuals and groups that engage in art creation in Taiwan and abroad may file an application.
2. The offer is open to local and international artists and groups, excluding student artists.
3. Applicants must have at least two years of experience in creating art. There is no restriction on nationality.
Obligations of Resident Artists
1. Artists are required to executive residency plan before the residency period expires.
2. At least one project of artist by mutual consent should be left in Pier 2 Art Center before the residency period expires.
3. Artists are required to finish the communication and cooperation plan during the residency periods. (artworks, workshop, academic exchange, education programs, community empowerment, etc.)
4. During the residency period, resident artists and groups are prohibited from carrying contraband, flammable materials, explosives, and other hazardous items, and must comply with the regulations governing the use of sites, space or facilities in the Pier-2 Art Center. Resident artists and groups should also exercise due care, maintaining access control, environmental cleanliness, and facility safety.
5. Resident artists (and groups) should cooperate in art and cultural promotion programs organized by the Pier-2 Art Center, such as seminars, exhibitions, performances, open studios, and other exchange activities.
6. A residency program closure report should be submitted before 7 days of the residency period expires and residents withdraw from the venue.
7. Foreign artists are required to deduct USD/ Euro 50 from transportation fees (roundtrip) as a deposit. Local artists are required to deduct NTD 2000 as a deposit. The whole deposit will refund after artists submitted the closure report, finished communication and cooperation plan, and procedure of checking out.
1. This term is for Phase I of 2018, the duration will be at 2018.April-July
2. Duration of residency is basically 90 days ( VISA allowed). Applicant shall fill in the capable duration date in the application form.
3. PAIR has the right to adjust date of residency period
For more details and regulations, please refer to the attached file below.