- Location：Tainan, Taiwan
- Disciplines and Media：Performing Arts,Visual Arts,Film-making,Interdisciplinary
- Residency Period：March to November 2018 (3 divided terms. Each applicant can only be accepted for one term)
- Grant：Applicants will be examined by the jury committee and partly subsidized.
- Institution Provide：Free studio and accommodation, administrative support and partly subsidized materials fee
- Paid by artist：Flight tickets, insurance
International artists participating in Residence Program of SAV live in a vibrant community of artists and have the opportunity to exchange techniques and ideas with other artists; local and international, emerging and established. Artists live in close proximity to local craftsmen artisans and are encouraged to take the community and vibrant local culture as inspiration for their art works. The village has professional wheelchair accessible air-conditioned modern studio spaces, galleries and theatres for exhibitions, workshops and performances.
SAV takes as its theme the concept of ‘Site-Specific Art’. The artworks should respond to the Soulangh Artist Village’s environment, including the warehouses, corridors, the railway landscape, the children’s museum, and either the indoor or the outdoor spaces. They should also engage with the locality’s natural and historical sites, and with local communities. Any residents’ programs based on outdoor spaces will be considered as a priority.
A. We welcome applicants who are interested in:
2. Visual art
B. We especially encourage artists dedicated to the environment, children’s art education or community engagement, to use their specialty to develop a resident program on the theme of ‘site- specific art’.
C. We welcome artists interested in photography and research into the photographic history of Tainan city.
D. All applicants must be able to communicate in either English or Chinese.
We only accept online applications. Please click on the following link and fill out the application before the deadline: