- Location：New Taipei City, Taiwan
- Disciplines and Media：Performing Arts,Visual Arts,Architecture,New Media,Curatorial and research,Interdisciplinary
- Residency Period：April-June or September-December, 2018
- Institution Provide：Up to two-month free residence space or one-month free exhibition space
- Paid by artist：Living expense
Bamboo Curtain Studio is a place where artists can feel free to dream, to create, to experience and to practice. We believe the ability to innovate creatively is the core of any civil society. We also affirm every person’s capability in creating solutions to problems. We need the courage and the spirit of exploring and to think outside of the box.
Each year our studio focuses on the value between art and society through different themes: from ''Share, Connect, Co-create'', ''Social Change '' to ''Creative Collaboration as Catalyst for Change''. These themes all held an opened idea which encourages artists to try, besides using different materials, to aim at a higher sensibility towards social awareness and related sustainability issues.
In the year of 2018, we will introduce the theme of ''Rule of Game'' for our studio’s Creative Talent program. We wish to investigate how different settings hold different rules of the game. By having the freedom of choice, one maneuver under the limitations within a game, one will make various encounters with people, building up communities under these social occasions, going forward making mutual influences, and pave the way to taking actions. What's interesting is, because people are in the equation after they make the first contact, they also make impacts on each other via these interactions. While resolving conflict and disagreements, they lead each other towards changes in rules.
Issues nowadays no longer fit to be handled with traditional methods, and what positions can artists take to properly interpret social awareness and sustainability? How do we come up with innovative rules of the game that can face up towards society, which is geared under capitalism and consumerism? What are the possibilities out there now and in the future?
We welcome visual artists, performing artists, curators, engineers, architect designers, researchers and multidisciplinary artists/creators to submit your idea/work, which can freshen-up the potentials of social engagement. We look forward to seeing proposals that make people WOW!
To apply for BCS Creative Talent Program, please follow the instructions below:
2018 Theme「Rule of Game」
- Eligibility BCS residency program is open to all professionally established visual artist, performer, curator, architect, engineer and researcher, both individual and group. Emerging artists are also welcome to apply. We especially welcome applicants working in the area of cross-discipline, ecology and environment, and community engagement projects. We also encourage both Taiwan and international creative as a team to submit the proposal. All applicants must be able to communicate in English or Chinese.
- Application Period: available from now till 22nd Oct (Sun)
- Duration of Residency
The selected artist may choose either up to two-month free residence space or one-month free exhibition space from April to June or Sep to Dec 2018.
-Support for Selected Artists:
BCS will provide either 2 months residency accommodation or 1-month exhibition/ performance space for free.
BCS does not have funding program.
Selected creative has to responsible for their travel and expense here.
BCS will provide recourses or connection for the incoming resident.
The first week would be orientation and arrange a series of workshop.
One public artist talk or workshop is required.
For application chart, please check attachment below.
If you have any questions, please contact us through email@example.com