- Location：New Taipei City, Taiwan
- Disciplines and Media：Interdisciplinary,Ecology and environment,Community engagement projects,Arts education projects
- Residency Period：2 month (January 2016-December 2016)
- Grant：Creative Talents Program does not provide funding. Artists are encouraged to apply for funding on their own. BCS will help by providing invitation letter and all the needed documents to accepted applicants for grants in their own countries.
- Institution Provide：This program will provide four artists (group) with either a free studio or accommodation space (choice of one category only) for up to two months. With the exception of 12 bamboo which BCS can only offer one month free.
- Paid by artist：All living, transportation and other expenses will be paid by the artist. The basic average living standard in Taiwan is around 500 USD.
The Bamboo Curtain Studio (BCS) in Taiwan aims to promote cross-cultural exchanges by providing a meeting point for creative talents from national to international art related fields, for short stay or specific projects. BCS also practice and promote sustainability by launch art projects within the community to bring awareness about the environment, global warming and sustainable living.
Since 2009, Bamboo Curtain Studio (BCS) has launched a residency program. It aims to provide time and spaces for creative talents to do experimental works, outreach projects, collaborations or research.
In recent years, we have devoted into issues about ecology, community and the sustainable development in nature. For instance, we expect to raise awareness of local people toward environment through art projects “Landscape between Art Veranda Project” and “Plum Tree Creek Environmental Art Action”, etc.
2016 Creative Talents Program
2015 is the 20th anniversary of BCS. We not only held a retrospective exhibition but also run a series of events to celebrate all throughout the year. Each event are linked to the slogan “Share, Connect and Co-create”. This coming year, we will continue, develop the theme of “Social Change”, we entitle the program as “Creative Collaboration as Catalyst for Change”. If you want to engage with society and see something change through your project, please contact us.