- Location：Taipei, Taiwan
- Disciplines and Media：Performing Arts,Visual Arts,Architecture,Curatorial and research,Interdisciplinary,cooking, gardening, engineering, rt administration
- Residency Period：2019 March - June
- Grant：NTD 30,000
- Institution Provide：2 months residency accommodation, BCS resources and connections, administration assistance
- Paid by artist：Other costs
Initiated in 1995, Bamboo Curtain Studio (BCS) has provided creative talents with space and resources to encourage them in art productions,
cultural mobility, R&D, and innovation to create social value in the core of ecological and environmental sustainability. With the customized
artist-in-residency services and consultation, BCS becomes the most essential institution to conduct cultural and artist exchange programs,
and to incubate the new talents in art and cultural fields in Taiwan.
Artist, Shu-Lea Cheang (Taiwan born and US base now), invite BCS to join in the Mycelium Networking Society as one of the nodes. Mycelium has its own special system. It co-exists with other species and plays a very important role in food chain. The branch of Mycelium continuously connecting, growing and influence other living species. Is it also similar like living nodes/modes of human society?
This open call welcome proposals related to Mycelium. We encouraged concepts related to social engagement. Any medium is welcome.
Reference: MYCELIUM NETWORK SOCIETY
1. We especially welcome applicants working in the area of cross-discipline, ecology and environment, and community engagement projects.
2. BCS residency program is open to all professionally established visual artist, performing artist, curator, chief, gardener, architect, engineer researcher and art manager, both individual and group.
3. All applicants must be able to communicate in English or Chinese.
4. We also encourage both Taiwan and international creatives jointly submit a proposal as a team.
- Final announcement: mid of Nov.
Please sent your application to email@example.com in English or Chinese.
Please stated 【Mycelium project OPEN CALL 2019 + Name】when submitting your application
※For more imformation, please read the attachment※