- Location：Taipei, Taiwan
- Disciplines and Media：Performing Arts,Visual Arts,Architecture,Curatorial and research,Interdisciplinary,cooking, gardening, engineering, art administration
- Residency Period：2019 May - June, 2019 Sep - Nov (up to 2 months)
- Grant：NTD 30,000
- Institution Provide：2 months residency accommodation, BCS resources and connections, administration assistance
- Paid by artist：Other costs
The Bamboo Curtain Studio (BCS) in Taiwan aims to promote cross-cultural exchanges by providing a meeting point for visitors from national and international art related fields, for short visits or specific projects.
Theme: Rule of Game
Bamboo Curtain Studio is going to celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2020. This space witness different stages of Taiwan contemporary art and provide different kinds of resources to assist artists. This place, which was started to fulfill artists' need and has now transformed into artists-in-residence, welcoming all different kinds of creatives, we do prefer someone with social awareness and environmental suitability concerns. Times are changing, and all management systems face challenges. How do we come up with innovative rules of the game that can face up towards society?
We would like to invite you to use the space, history, resources or managing system of BCS to continue developing the theme of “Rule of the Game”. Internally re-evaluate the accumulation of our past, and transform the energy to challenge the rigid system of the external system, to reverse the current mindset. We welcome creative talents to propose an innovative and critical idea to rethink how to break the original rule of game. Why the current rule is not practical anymore, and how to build up a new rule? Why we need to change, and can change lead us to a better direction?
We are looking for proposals pertaining to such as:
- socially engagement concept
- such as those related to permaculture or food culture.
- cross-discipline collaboration
- wild ideas in new management models
To apply for BCS Creative Talent Program, please follow the instruction below:
2019 Theme「Rule of Game」
1. We especially welcome applicants working in the area of cross-discipline, ecology and environment, and community engagement projects.
2. BCS residency program is open to all professionally established visual artist, performing artist, curator, chef, gardener, architect, engineer researcher, and art manager, both individual and group.
3. All applicants must be able to communicate in English or Chinese.
4. We also encourage both Taiwan and international creative as a team to submit the proposal.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org in English or Chinese. Please state 【2019 creative talent + Name】when submitting your application
※For more information, please read the attachment※