- Location：Tainan, Taiwan
- Disciplines and Media：Performing Arts,Visual Arts,Interdisciplinary
- Residency Period：14 January 2019-17 November 2019, up to 3 months per applicant
- Grant：Living and working expenses NTD 30,000 per month in maximum. Presentation expense, the maximum allocation is NTD 100,000(including tax).
- Institution Provide：Free accommodation and studio space.
- Paid by artist：Air fare and transportation
The Tsung-Yeh Artist Village in Tainan City is the result of the fusion of an old sugar refinery with multicultural ideas to form a unique space. With years of effort, Tsung-Yeh Artist Village has established itself as a center for arts, crafts and culture while producing valuable creative works in Tainan. Through providing the working space and encouraging resident artists to communicate with the locals, we hope to promote this historical site not simply as a place for exhibitions, but rather an important gathering site for international arts and artists.
AIR Theme for 2019:
Tsung-Yeh Artist Village takes as its theme the concept of ‘Site-Specific Art’. The artists also can engage with Tainan and Madou locality’s natural and historical sites, and with local communities.
Eligibility: We welcome applicants who are interested in:
2. Visual art
4. All applicants must be able to communicate in either English or Chinese.
Tsung-Yeh Artist Village
No. 5, Tsungyeh, Madou District, Tainan City 721, Taiwan
1. Submissions accepted from 2 July 2018
2. Submissions deadline: 16 September 2018, 23:59 (Taiwan Time)
3. Examination: October 2018
4. Residency period: 14 January 2019-17 November 2019
(Each applicant can only be accepted for one term)
14 January-13 April 2019
22 April- 20 July 2019
20 August-17 November 2019
Admission quota: 5 individual/groups
How to apply:
1. We only accept online application. Please click on the following link (http://air-culture.tainan.gov.tw/), and fill out the application before the deadline (listed above).
2. Applicants are required to upload personal information, a resident plan and letter of recommendation.
1. Applicants will be examined by the jury committee and successful candidate will be partly subsidized.
2. The jury committee is scheduled to meet in October 2018.
3. The results will be announced on the official website (https://tyart.tnc.gov.tw/) and emailed to the successful candidates by October 2018.
Program Provisions-what do we offer?
(1) Placements of up to three months with free accommodation and studio space.
(2) Living and working expenses in Taiwan (including personal-income-tax and insurance, the income-tax of foreigner will be 6%-20%)- partly subsidized (NTD 30,000 per month in maximum). The total amount will be paid by installments. Artists will receive this payment excluding any tax. Since 2016, the government has announced that all terms of the contract should include stamp-tax, which is one-thousandth of the total amount. The stamp-tax should be paid in cash by artists themselves, and this is excluded from the subsidy.
(3) Presentation expense- The maximum allocation is NTD 100,000(including tax), which will be paid directly to the relevant contractors. The above expenses include: providing the service or materials used in completing workshops, exhibitions and performances, brochure design and printing, dissemination, and expense for press conference. Any transportation fees for works are excluded.
(4) Administration support.
※If you have any enquiries of the subsidy, you should notify us during the application process or before signing the contract.
Program requirements- applicants’ responsibilities
(1) During residency, the selected applicants should provide one type of presentation, such as an exhibition or a performance. If you would also like to hold a workshop, this would be highly welcomed.
(2) Approaching the end of the residency, the successful applicants are required to complete a report and questionnaire. The report should include details of the residents’ experience, the progress of the project and any relevant feedback.
A letter of recommendation is required. You need to submit at least one letter of recommendation from an artist, curator, director, researcher, or organizational professional. The title and full name of the recommender should be clear, and the letter should be signed personally or attached as a signature file.
For any further information, please contact us:
T: (+886) 6 571 8123│F: (+886) 6 571 3800
Address: No. 5, Tsungyeh, Madou Dist., Tainan City 721, Taiwan