- Location：Oberegg, Appenzell, Switzerland
- Disciplines and Media：All disciplines welcomed
- Residency Period：April 2019, a total of four weeks
- Grant：CHF 250/week (separate application required)
- Institution Provide：Free-of-charge accommodations and use of studio, plus reimbursement of travel costs.
- Paid by artist：Artistic production costs must be covered privately.
Twice annually — respectively for the months of April and November — , the Bibliothek Andreas Züst offers three studio residency stipends. The length of stay is a total of four weeks. Application for the Studio Residency Stipend is open to national and international cultural workers (individuals or teams of up to a maximum of four persons) across disciplines — visual arts, literature, new media, music, theatre, design, architecture, film, photography, and art-related disciplines.
For the stipendiaries, the Alpenhof panorama lodge will provide for accommodations. Applicants must submit a statement specifying their specific interests and describing their motivation in seeking a residency. The Bibliothek Andreas Züst is especially seeking projects that deal with the library as a whole or one of its sub-areas. The Studio Residency Stipend program is to be considered in the tradition of libraries as places of knowledge in the sense of diversity. In short: the residency should entail research about what constitutes the fabric of our culture and also what goes beyond it.
Please have a look at the Information Sheet before applying.
1 PDF-document (max. 7 MB) with the following documents submitted in this order:
Completed “Personal Information Sheet”
Statement of Purpose / Reason for Applying with clear relation to the Bibliothek (max. 1 A4-page)
Documentation of Previous Work incl. CV (max. 10 pages)