- Location：Taipei City, Taiwan
- Disciplines and Media：Visual Arts,Curatorial and research
- Residency Period：2 weeks to 2 months between March to October, 2018
- Institution Provide：Accommodation and working studio
- Paid by artist：Travel and living expense
Kuandu Residency Program of Kuandu Museum of Fine Arts (KdMoFA) offers opportunities for artists/curators to reside and work at the university and the museum. This year we will specifically focus on the curatorial/research-based practices. Open call for curators/researchers/artists who have great interests in modern/contemporary visual arts of Taiwan to submit his/her curatorial/research proposal.
● Residency period: 2 weeks to 2 months between March to October, 2018. Duration is subject to the applicant's proposal.
● Submission deadline: January 10th, 2018
● Inquiry contact: Education Department / David Chang: +886-2-2896-1000 ext. 2432
The Kuandu Residency Program aims to facilitate culture and art interchange among international artists/curators. It offers an opportunity for teachers and students of the Taipei National University of the Arts (TNUA) to learn from resident artists/curators as well as to establish a platform between the TNUA and the international arts communities.
2. Program Introduction:
In 2017, Kuandu Residency Program will specifically focus on the curatorial/research-based practices. Open call for curators/researchers/artists that have great interests in modern/contemporary visual arts of Taiwan to submit the curatorial/research proposal. Before residency ends a research report should be delivered as a final proposal which will be evaluated as part of KdMofa exhibition or publication project in the future.
3. Organizer: Kuandu Museum of Fine Arts (KdMofa), TNUA.
Supervisor: Ministry of Education, Ministry of Culture, R.O.C.
4. Residency Location: Artist/Curator Studio at the KdMoFA.
5. Residency period: 2 weeks to 2 months between March to October 2018. Duration is subject to the applicant’s proposal.
6. Eligibility: International curators/researchers/artists (EXCLUDING ones who already hold Taiwan Resident Certificate) or citizens of Republic of China residing overseas, agreeing with following conditions may apply:
(1) Taking curatorial/research practices in visual culture for at least three years.
(2) Being interested in Kuandu Residency Program, and able to propose a feasible plan.
7. How to apply: Please download the application form from KdMoFA’s website: http://kdmofa.tnua.edu.tw
8. Submission deadline: January 10th, 2018.
9. Application Checklist:
(1) Kuandu Residency Program Application Form.
(2) PowerPoint files of recent curatorial/research practices and related experiences (including the personal portrait and relevant images/videos, etc).
(3) Photocopy of valid passport.
The application will only be accepted via email. Please email to email@example.com (Subject: “Application for 2018 Kuandu Residency Program” with applicant’s full name)
11. Announcement of selection result: KdMoFA will invite commissioners and experts to review all applications, and post the result on the official website by February 12th, 2018. All the applicants as well as the selected ones will be informed of final result by email.
12. Please note:
(1) The selected curator/researcher/artist should confirm with KdMoFA regarding residency period and proposal within one month after receiving offer letter
(2) The selected curator/researcher/artist should send a written confirmation to KdMoFA two months prior to the designated start date if he/she wishes to reschedule the duration of stay, and KdMoFA would offer its assistance in the process. If rescheduling cannot be completed, KdMoFA has the right to cancel the residence, and bring in a replacement.
(3) The selected curator/researcher/artist should follow the regulations of KdMoFA. Should the artist act against the regulations or should there be any damage occurred (including the belongings and the reputation of KdMoFA) due to his/her behavior, KdMoFA has the right to terminate the project and residence and claim compensation from the curator/researcher/artist for any loss concerned.
(4) The applicant has to guarantee that he/she has the copyright of submitted materials. If there’s any violation or plagiarism act involved, the applicant should bear all relevant responsibilities. KdMoFA reserves the right to cancel the application and entries of the selected curator/researcher/artist.
Please find the application form in the attachment below.