- Location：Taipei, Taiwan
- Disciplines and Media：Performing Arts,Visual Arts,Architecture,Curatorial and research,Writing,Music,Interdisciplinary,Arts Administration
- Residency Period：2018 (Residences are intended as 8-12 week projects with a minimum 4-week stay.)
- Institution Provide：Each selected artist will be provided with one free accommodation and studio space. (each selected artistic group will be provided with maximum two free accommodations/studios)
- Paid by artist：Others
AIR Taipei has two residency locations, Taipei Artist Village (TAV) and Taipei Artist Village– Treasure Hill (TH).
Taipei Artist Village is a four-story building located in the heart of Taiwan's vibrant governmental district in Taipei City. Secluded within a tranquil garden, this renovated public office building that once belonged to the Taipei City Department of Public Maintenance and Construction is breathing new life into bustling downtown Taipei. Since the establishment of TAV, the Department of Cultural Affairs of Taipei City Department has actively launched the Artist-in-Residence (AIR) program as well as artist exchange programs with other international artist residency centers in different cities across the globe.
Located along the Xindian River in Taipei City, Taipei Artist Village–Treasure Hill was listed in 2011 as the first “historic settlement” of Taipei City. The unique location of Treasure Hill with its narrow alleys and winding stairways across the hill gives THAV a senseof a rural village. Over the years, various groups settled on the hillside with their own lifestyles and needs, creating a tribal-like organic scene. Joining together with the original residents, the city’s policy of preservation and revitalization, the Artist-in-Residence program and the Attic Hostel aim to achieve a spirit of “symbiosis” to create a better future for the entire community.
1. Residency locations: Taipei Artist Village (No. 7, Beiping East Road, Taipei, Taiwan)
Treasure Hill (No. 2, Alley 14, Ln. 230, Dingzhou Rd. Sec. 3, Taipei, Taiwan)
2. Admission to AIR Taipei International Residency Program is based on a review of applications by the AIR Taipei Admission Committee.
* Notice: Each residency project must be designed for and relevant to one specific artist village, responding to the individuality of the site. Applicants may apply for one site only.