- Location：Taipei, Taiwan
- Disciplines and Media：Performing Arts,Visual Arts,Sculpture,Ceramics,Interdisciplinary
- Residency Period：up to two months (flexible)
- Grant：NA (depending on projects)
- Institution Provide：Free housing and studio space
- Paid by artist：travelling expense, living expense
Bamboo Curtain Studio (BCS) in Taiwan aims to promote cross-cultural exchanges by providing a meeting point for Taiwanese and international creative talents related to art fields, for short stay or specific projects.
Bamboo Curtain Studio has launched the residency program since 2009, aiming to provide time and space for creative talents to do experimental works, outreach project, collaboration works or research. Since 2012, we put more focuses on “creative talents” whose project can bring out new ideas and concepts for their communities and societies and the world, regardless of the age, gender, ethnicity and nationality. This program provides three to four artists with either a free studio or accommodation space (a choice of only one) for up to two months.
We especially welcome applicants working on:
• cross discipline arts,
• ecology and environment,
• community engagement projects
• November 30 each year for next year’s residency.
• We will announce the result before December 25 each year.
• Artist / curator / researcher / culture worker/ arts professional
• Open for all age, gender, media, and nationality
• Open to all individuals and groups applications
•During your residency, provide at least one type of presentation. Collaboration with our publicity staff for our promotion of our residency program one month before project execution.
• After your residency, write a short report (within one or two A4 pages) about what you have done in your project, how did your project progress, what kind of feedback did you receive, 5-10 residency photos and BCS questionnaire.
1. You will need to cover your travel (including visa), living cost and material fee for this program. The living cost in Taiwan is about 600 USD dollars per month.
2. BCS will only cover the basic travel and accident insurances; the artist will have to cover other medical insurances by him/ herself during the stay.