- Location：New Taipei City Yingge Ceramics Museum
- Disciplines and Media：Ceramics
- Residency Period：3 months (2016 1-3, 4-6, 10-12)
- Grant：Travel Expense,Materieal Fee,Living expense
- Institution Provide：A shared apartment & semi-open studio spaces
- Paid by artist：The Others
New Taipei City Yingge Ceramics Museum
2016 Taiwan Ceramics Residency Program
About TAIWAN CERAMICS RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Situated in southwest of Taipei Basin, Yingge is famous in Taiwan for its plentiful supply of clay, convenient transportation, and various types of kilns. While its neighbor, Sanshia, has a rich cultural heritage, the town is blessed with enchanting historical ambience.
The Yingge Ceramics Museum was opened in 2000. Since then, the museum has dedicated itself to preserving the town’s cultural legacy while instilling new energy into the area. With such conviction, we decide to encourage ceramic artists, both local and global, to come experiencing the life in a pottery town through a one-to-three-month short-term residency program.
The residency program is open to both foreign and domestic artists. Interested applicants must have at least two years of experience in ceramic creation.
Residency program is three months in length and takes place from January to March, April to June and October to December 2016.
Applications are now being accepted. The application deadline is Aug 14th, 2015
Benefits and Responsibilities
The museum offers each artist in residence
(1) A round-trip travel subsidies (up to the equivalent of high speed rail fare in economy class for domestic travelers/up to the equivalent of international airfare in economy class for international travelers)
(2) NTD.600 per day (NT.480 after Tax) as daily stipend up to 90 days
(3) Basic studio materials needed during the creative process not exceeding NTD.30,000,
(4) A shared apartment, semi-open studio spaces.
Artists’ feedback includes:
(1) Every artist should be present at the work space at least 17 days per month during the 3-month residency period.
(2) The artists’ works may be consigned for sale to the museum’s gift shop on recommendation of the museum. (Issues for consignment sale may be discussed separately).
(3) During the residency, the artists will be arranged to make contributions to the Yingge community in the context of seminars, speeches, workshops, or courses.
(4) The artists shall offer one-third of the artwork created during the residency to the museum for educational purposes without any objection. Selection Process
A selection committee composed of relevant experts, scholars, and museum representatives reviews all applicants and decides the final list of 8 candidates (at least 30% of Taiwan artists, holder vacancies shall be maintained). A notice will be mailed to all candidates on Sep 15th 2015after final result is confirmed. The short list of candidates will be posted at the same time on the official website (available at http://www.ceramics.ntpc.gov.tw) of the museum.
How to Apply
Are you interested in being an artist in residence in the town of Yingge? Apply now!
【step 1】download the application form here: http://academy.ceramics.ntpc.gov.tw/en-us/Events/C/1/1/1/9663.htm
【step 2】prepare the files below:
(1) Application Form (including the basic information form, autobiography, the project proposal and the artworksform)
(2) A total of 10 art works, which are the works you showed in the application form as well as showing your artwork created within the past two or three years, digital image of the artwork must be in JPG format (sized between1~3MB)
【step 3】send your files
Please send your files titled “2016 Taiwan Ceramics Residency Application - (your name)” to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ms. Chung. (The application won't be successful until the reply mail is sent. please check your mailbox after sending the application mail.)
※ If the files are too big to be attached in an e-mail, you could try www.wetransfer.com
※ All incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
※ Please keep a copy of your application for your records.