- Location：Red Gate Gallery, Beijing, China
- Disciplines and Media：Visual Arts,Installation Art,Architecture,Painting,Sculpture,Movie,Photography,Glass Art,New Media,Ceramics,Curatorial and research,Design,Handbook,Film-making,Writing,Art crafts,Interdisciplinary,All kinds of visual arts
- Residency Period：1 month (July 2015)
- Institution Provide：1.Live/work studio loft spaces and/or apartments in Beijing
2.Airport pickups, welcome dinner and orientation upon arrival
3.Project support, coordination and documentation
4.Artist talks or workshops (optional)
5.Open studio exhibition or performance
- Paid by artist：Travel expense, materieal fee, living/working costs and the others
Open Call for the 2nd Crystal Ruth Bell Residency - "Duos, Trios, Collectives!"
or the second edition of the Crystal Ruth Bell Residency, Red Gate & China Residencies are calling all duos, trios, collectives and groups of artists working collaboratively to apply for a funded residency in Beijing for the month of July 2015.
Dancers, filmmakers, musicians, circus performers, street artists, fashion designers, curators, activists, researchers, and all kinds of visual artists are encouraged to apply with a project proposal that echoes some of Crystal's best traits and favorite things in the world: kindness, curiosity, color, adventure, and popsicles.
Crystal tried a different kind of ice cream every day for an entire summer in Beijing, an "an endless work in progress."
The Crystal Ruth Bell Residency covers:
Live/work studio loft spaces and/or apartments in Beijing
Airport pickups, welcome dinner and orientation upon arrival
Project support, coordination and documentation
Artist talks or workshops (optional)
Open studio exhibition or performance
Apply online before May 25th. Finalists will be notified by June 1st and the selected duo, trio or collective will be announced on June 5th.
Collectives or proposals for new collaborations of up to 8 people from all nationalities are encouraged to apply, including China, Hong Kong, Taïwan and Macao. This is a wide open call, with no restrictions based on age, medium, educational background or other criteria. Project proposals will be evaluated by Red Gate and China Residencies based on their feasibility and creativity.