- Location：New Taipei City, Taiwan
- Disciplines and Media：Interdisciplinary,Plum Tree Creek Project, an environmental and community engage project
- Residency Period：January 2015-December 2015
- Institution Provide：BCS will offer the accepted applicant maximum two month accommodation or exhibition space, choice of one category only - With the exception of 12 bamboo which BCS can only offer one month free.
- Paid by artist：All living, transportation and other expenses will be paid by the artist. The basic average living stander in Taiwan is around 500 USD.
Bamboo Curtain Studio
2015 Bamboo Curtain Studio Creative Talents Program OPEN CALL
The Bamboo Curtain Studio (BCS) in Taiwan aims to promote cross-cultural exchanges by providing a meeting point for creative talents from national to international art related fields, for short stay or specific projects. BCS also practice and promote sustainability by launch art projects within the community to bring awareness about the environment, global warming and sustainable living.
Since 2009, Bamboo Curtain Studio (BCS) has launched a residency program. It aims to provide times and spaces for creative talents to do experimental works, outreach projects, collaborations or research. In 2012, we focus more on “Creative Talents” which their projects will bring out new ideas, concepts to the communities, societies and the world, without regard to the age, gender, race and nationality. This program will provide four artists (group) with either a free studio or accommodation space (a choice of only one) for up to two months.
2015 Creative Talent Program
Bamboo Curtain Studio will celebrates the 20th anniversaries in the upcoming year of 2015. In celebration of this special occasion, the 2015 “Creative Talents” program specifically open call to artists interesting in collaborate with our award winning Plum Tree Creek Project, an environmental and community engage project that focus to promote sustainability.
Bamboo Curtain Studio
Bamboo Curtain Studio (BCS) is a non-profit organization founded in 1995. The goal of BCS is to encourage cross cultural exchanges, national and international, by providing a platform that stimulate new ideas and possibilities. BCS has open-call for artist/curator/researcher around the world from September to October each year. The Studio also aims to create an environment that lifts barriers to provide quality spaces, facilities, and services for on-site production and research. In addition, BCS works closely with local communities to bring awareness about the environment; the project of Art as Environment – A Cultural Action at the Plum Tree Creek has been awarded and recognized national and internationally.
To apply for BCS Creative Talent Program, please follow the instruction below:
2015 BCS Open Call Guideline
Fees and expenses
BCS will offer the accepted applicant maximum two month accommodation or exhibition space, choice of one category only - With the exception of 12 bamboo which BCS can only offer one month free. All living, transportation and other expenses will be paid by the artist. The basic average living stander in Taiwan is around 500 USD.
BCS do not have funding program. Artist are encouraged to apply for funding on their own. BCS will help by providing invitation letter and all needed documents to accepted applicants for grants in their own countries.
Duration of Residency
Selected artist may choose their two month free space from January 2015-December 2015.
We especially welcome applicants working in the area of cross discipline, ecology and environment, and community engagement projects. All applicant must be able to communicate in English or Chinese.
BCS Residency Partner
- Taiwan residency partner: Taipei Artist Village, Treasure Hill Artist Village, Bywood Art Space, and Soulang Culture Park, etc.
- Alliance of Artists’ Communities – Chairman of Taiwan group member.
- Trans Cultural Exchange – 2013 Board member
- Res Artis – 2002-2006 Board member
How to apply
Please sent your application to firstname.lastname@example.org in English or Chinese.
- Download: application form.doc & 2015 BCS open call_guideline.pdf
- Please stated 【2015 creative talent + Name】when submitting your application
All application must be submitted by email before November 30th, 2014.
- Only the accepted applicant will be contact personally by e-mail. Please refer to BCS website for selected result.
Please follow the instruction below. Incomplete application will not be put in consideration: 2015 BCS open call_guideline.pdf
BCS application are evaluated by our rotating board advisor formed by independent curator, architect, performance director, museum director, and cross discipline professor. Due to short hand on staff, only the selected artist will receive invitation email from BCS.
＊If you have any questions, please write to:
Tel: +886 2 8809 3809
Fax: +886 2 8809 3786
Address: No.39, Ln. 88, Sec. 2, Zhongzheng E. Rd., Danshui Dist., New Taipei City 251, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
＊For more information about room types, facilities and fee, visit us at http://bambooculture.com/en/space