- Location：The Hague, Netherlands
- Disciplines and Media：Curatorial and research,Interdisciplinary
- Residency Period：6 weeks(2014.02.03-03.17 or 2014.03.31-05.13)
- Grant：NA. A small travel grant is available for applicants outside of the EU.
- Institution Provide：Free living space and studio space
- Paid by artist：Living expense, transportation expense; A contribution fee of 150 euros for co-financing your residency.
Located in the Hague, Netherlands, Wander invites creative minds of all disciplines for a think-tank program. We offer a 6 week residency that stimulates a cross-disciplinary dialogue by linking international creative minds with likeminded local professionals working in different fields.
Wander creates a customized cultural framework for every guest. We operate as an intermediary to help develop artistic research and stimulate cross-disciplinary collaboration to provide an interesting program that relates to art and society. Through a focus on research and dialogue, as opposed to a mere presentation and production of art, we want to foster an innovative interplay in the working process of creative thinkers and art professionals.
Wander emphasizes process, network expansion and the exchange of knowledge both inside and outside the art world. For every resident Wander creates a customized framework of local experts and advisors. Artists are not obliged to produce a fixed artwork but are encouraged to converse with professionals from different fields to broaden their network and research. The exchange of knowledge during the residency is shared through public events and activities that invite the audience to partake and interact.
Application info and criteria
- Wander provides a residency that is based on research, networking and the exchange of knowledge. Wander does not produce exhibitions, but offers you a cross-disciplinary network and public platform. You are provided with the opportunity to live and work in The Hague, develop your individual research in dialogue with others and get an insider’s perspective of the region’s creative scene.
- The residency is suited for all kinds of creative thinkers: artists, writers, curators, cultural managers, designers and academics.
- Good level of English is required. There is no age limit for the program.
- Successful applicants will be selected for live and Skype interviews which will take place the week following the application deadline.
- Wander covers the expenses for rent, pr and mentors. The applicant is responsible for covering his/her personal expenses and travel costs. We kindly ask for a contribution fee of 150 euros to be able to co-finance your residency. Wander’s team will support successful participants’ applications in applying for grants to cover living and travel expenses. We provide a small travel grant for applicants outside of the EU.
- Fill in the application form on our website and please send us a CV, portfolio and motivation. Make sure you have read our mission and aim to determine if you’re a good match.
- Wander facilitates a nice and spacious work/live studio in the arts incubator DCR. It’s a 40m2 space with own kitchenfacilities, bathroom and wifi. You also have a bike to your availibility and a public transport card for you to top up.