- Date established：2005
- Country：Asia - Taiwan
- Type of Organization：Operate-Transfer
- Disciplines and Media：All types
- Contact information：
- Name of residency：Dahshi Artist Villa
- Address：21-3, Puji Rd., Daxi Township, Taoyuan County
Dahshi is surrounded by Dahis River. It has preserved the charms of old town. People gathered here for business deals in early years because Dahsi is an important transportation hub. Venders and markets make this area popular. It attracts visitors here to eat, shop and for fun.
In 1921 Japanese government build an Assembly Hall for the public use. In the year of 1932, a fashionable foreign styled house was built next to the Assembly Hall for private parties and gatherings. In 1949, President Chiang Kai-Shek utilized this place as his living space. Until 1975 after he passed away, this place was renovated as a Memorial Hall. In 2004, it was renamed as Dahshi Art Villa, for the public use in art and culture in the neighborhood.
＊Dashi Artist Villa is currently under refurbishment work and does not run residency program. The estimated completion time is the end of 2018.
Especially during weekends, many tourists come to visit DAV. The resident artists can design some games to interact with visitors to attract them being closer to the arts. Mr. Chen believes that planting the seed of arts into people’s heart needs time and creativity. And inspiring creativity in artist’s mind needs cultural experience and stimulation.
- Duration of residencies： Less than 1 month
- Number of artists resident at one time： 1
- Grants available： Travel Expense,Materieal Fee,Free Working Space,Lecturing pay
- Expenses paid by artist： Travel expense and Living expense
- Application： By invitation or application
- Selection procedure： Application reviewed by Artistic Director
- Expectation from the artists： Exhibition, performance or lecture
- Presentation of artists' work： -
- Setting： Urban
- Working Language： Mandarin
- Resources： Projector, Screen, Display Panels, Desks, Chairs, Beds, Computers
- Number of studios： 1
- Facilities： Dahshi Park
- Size of studios / Type of Sudios ： 30 Pin / Working studio
- Accommodation： Yes
- Companions allowed： No
- Nearest international airport： Tao Yuan International Airport
- Nearest local airport： Taipei Song Shang Airport
- Nearest train station： Zhongli Station
- By Car： Leave the freeway at the Jungli (Neili) exit. Travel towards the center of Jungli until you see the international Lions Club clock tower road junction and there take a right turn onto Junghua Rd. into Yenping Rd. for about 1km, then turn left Jungmei Rd
- Images Resource：Image Provided by Lee, Hsiao-Wen