- Date established：2013
- Country：Asia - Taiwan
- Type of Organization：Part of a Governmental Institution
- Disciplines and Media：Visual Art,Performing Arts,Interdisciplinary
- Contact information：
- Name of residency：Soulangh Artist Village
- Address：Lieu-An No. 130, Chia-Lee, Tainan, Taiwan (ROC)
Soulangh Artist Village is managed by Cultural Affairs Bureau, Tainan City Government. It was so called "Soulangh 14", due to 14 warehouses in the Tainan Chia-Lee Sugar Factory in old days. The land of 13.8 hectare is located between Siraya National Scenic Area and Taijiang National Park.
The Soulangh Cultural Park Preparatory Office was established in 2003 for renovating the old warehouses to keep the original shape, and for beautifying the natural environment. It also undertook all types of tasks to remodel the space for better use in terms of functions and designs. It officially opened to the public in 2005, and initiated Soulangh Artist Village in the year of 2013. In 2014 Soulangh Artist Village's open-call website was constructed. The artworks of the resident artists comprised of visual, performance and interdisciplinary arts. This year, Soulangh also began collaborating with several villages, such as Austria Cultural Funding Department and Contemporary Arts International.
To provide an excellent suitable space for creative talents is the mission of Soulangh Artist Village. It is expected to set up an exchange platform here in Tainan to interact with the global art groups. Soulangh Artist Village welcomes artists in performing arts, visual arts and cross discipline arts dedicated to environment, children art education and community engagement from all over the world for residency and creation.
- Duration of residencies： 1st Stage: May- June. 2nd Stage: July- September. 3rd Stage: October- November.
- Number of artists resident at one time： Individuals / groups : 5
- Grants available： Count grants by the length of the residency. It includes living, working and local transportation costs.
- Expenses paid by artist： Material Fee, Transportation, Living expense
- Application： Open Call (every Jan-Feb)
- Selection procedure： By jury committee
- Expectation from the artists： Exhibitions, performances or workshops
- Presentation of artists' work： Resident artists have their own presentations and Soulangh will evaluate the situation and partially subsidize the costs.
- Setting： Rural
- Working Language： English,Mandarin
- Resources： projector, screen, conference tables and chairs, speakers, etc (it varies in different space)
- Number of studios： 5 exhibit galleries, 1 rehearsing area, 1 indoor theater, 1 outdoor theater
- Facilities： Artist Dorm (one kitchen, one living room, 6 suites with private bathrooms)
- Size of studios / Type of Sudios ： It varies in different location (from 200m2-360m2) / warehouses
- Accommodation： Arrangement in advance is required.
- Companions allowed： No
- Nearest international airport： Kaohsiung International Airport
- Nearest local airport： Tainan Airport
- Nearest train station： Hsin-Yin Train Station, Long-Tien Train Station
- By Car： From Highway 1, exit at Ma-Do Intersection to Chia-Lee, take 176 toward Chia-Lee and follow the sign.
- Images Resource：Images Provided by Soulangh Artist Village