- Date established：2009
- Country：Asia - China
- Type of Organization：Non-Profit Institution
- Disciplines and Media：Painting,Video Art,Visual Art,Installation,Sculpture
- Contact information：
- Name of residency：Blue Roof Museum “Artist in residence” project
- Address： (A) Lotus Pond Moonlight, Sansheng Town, Jinjiang District, Chengdu
+86 28-85657618 / 8004
As a non-profit institution, since its opening in 2009, Blue Roof Museum of Chengdu has been committed to promoting the development of the contemporary art in China. With the mission to increase the contemporary art appreciation in terms of public’s cultural knowledge, aesthetic understanding in an evolving economic framework. Blue Roof amasses collections that encompass paintings, installations and multimedia art works by talented artists both in China and abroad.
The Blue Roof facilities are situated in wonder lotus pond waterfront, adjacent to 3600 acres egret wetland, the following sites contain the outstanding capacity up to 2000 square metre as the key link, develop diversified exhibitions and ensure an all-round development.
● 4 Main Hall available
● Appreciation Lounge
● Video Hall
● Multi-function Hall
● Art Bar
● Artistic Street come with outdoor track
● Jinjiang Wetland Sculpture Park
Blue Roof Museum “Artist in residence” project aimed to attract domestic and foreign artists to join the activities and exhibitions in creative ways which are undertaken by its local environment and deep artistic atmosphere. “Artist in residence” project is a short-term resident exchange which was set in 2011, related information should be submitted first by art institutions or individual artists to Blue Roof Museum, once the applications are approved, Blue Roof Museum provides a free creative space and accommodation for resident artists in the Youth Arts Village for about 2-3 months. From 2011 onwards, many individuals and art institutions flocked to participate in the project, resident studios ushered young artists from all over the world, as Britain, France, Germany, the United States and other. Blue Roof Youth Arts Village provided them with good exchange conditions and environment, in order to let them concentrate on creative working, as well as opportunities to reach more other artists and leaders, and to be deeply involved in a strong contemporary cultural and artistic atmosphere of Chengdu. On the other hand, resident artists bring offsite experience which had been promoting regional cultural renewal and diversified development.
- Duration of residencies： 10 weeks
- Number of artists resident at one time： N.A
- Grants available： Living Expense,Materieal Fee,Free Working Space,Free Living Space
- Expenses paid by artist： Other expenses
- Application： Send us your resume and pictures of your work. Once the application is approved, your participation will be confirmed. In principle, the individual application is not accepted, one recommendation letter of formal art institution is required.
- Selection procedure： N.A
- Expectation from the artists： Each artist should leave an artwork which is at least more than 1.5 square meters; if it is decided to leave a three-dimensional art work, the specific size should be negotiated by both Blue Roof Museum and artist.
- Presentation of artists' work： Blue Roof Museum will organize exchange activities between local artists and residency artist during the residency period, and all activities will be recorded in form of text, picture or video. At the end of the program, according to the specific circumst
- Setting： Suburb
- Working Language： English,Mandarin
- Resources： 4 main halls, appreciation lounges, video hall, multi-functions hall, VIP Room, Art Bar, Jinjiang Wetland Sculpture Park
- Number of studios： N.A
- Facilities： N.A
- Size of studios / Type of Sudios： N.A / N.A
- Accommodation： N.A
- Companions allowed： N.A
- Nearest international airport： Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (CTU)
- Nearest local airport： Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (CTU)
- Nearest train station： N.A
- By Car： N.A
- Images Resource：Blue Roof Museum