- Date established：2011
- Country：Asia - Vietnam
- Type of Organization：Part of a Gallery/Museum
- Disciplines and Media：Craft,Cultural Management,Visual Art,Sculpture,Ceramics,Performing Arts,Literature,New Media,Curating/ Research/ Critics
- Contact information：
- Name of residency：Muong AIR
- Address：202 Tay Tien Street, Hoa Binh city, Hoa Binh province, Vietnam
Muong AIR Studio was founded in 2011 with such objectives:
- To open an open space for contemporary art activities: creating new works in the residence, workshop, cultural and art exchange as well as collaboration on the purpose of developing the contemporary art scene in Vietnam.
- To preserve and develop a local culture based on the connection between the ancient culture and contemporary arts.
- To connect other art centers in Vietnam and South East Asia and Asia to support the artists and contemporary art development in Vietnam.
Muong AIR Studio is an interdisciplinary place where artists and public can experience the work of local, Vietnamese and international artists working in the areas of traditional as well as contemporary based performing arts, visual arts, included new media and performance arts. Muong AIR Studio is an art center belonging to Museum of Muong Minority, which is one of the earliest ethnic groups in Vietnam.
Muong AIR Studio area and facilitations are designed suitably to its original village environment and provide possibilities to develop art works in outdoor landscapes. Muong AIR Studio also offers a vision of contemporary art in which the natural landscape and social environment, including the historical background are determinants in the creation of the works.
- Duration of residencies： 2 to 3 months
- Number of artists resident at one time： 20
- Grants available： N.A
- Expenses paid by artist： Travel, housing, supplies (art materials, meals), health Insurances/ dental cares
- Application： Digital Application
- Selection procedure： By Committee. The result will be notified via email from 4 to 6 weeks after the submission date.
- Expectation from the artists： Presentation and/or seminar Leading Workshop (optional) Exhibition at end of Residency By agreement depending on the length of residency on a case-by-case basis
- Presentation of artists' work： Arranged on a case-by-case basis
- Setting： Rural
- Working Language： English,Vietnamese
- Resources： Internet connection, library, office, kitchen, bicycle or motorcycle for rent
- Number of studios： 5
- Facilities： Restaurant Bar
- Size of studios / Type of Sudios： N.A / Private Studio,Shared Studio
- Accommodation： Private Appartment,Shared Appartment
- Companions allowed： Yes
- Nearest international airport： Noi Bai International Airport, Hanoi
- Nearest local airport： Noi Bai International Airport, Hanoi
- Nearest train station： N.A
- By Car： Approximately 2hrs drive from/to Hanoi
- Images Resource：Muong Studio