- Date established：2009
- Country：Asia - Korea
- Type of Organization：Non-Profit Institution
- Disciplines and Media：Visual Art
- Contact information：
- Name of residency：Doing Nothing Residency
- Address：308-33 Daein-Dong, Dong-Gu,Daein Art Market Gwangju, South Korea.
Mite-Ugro is a non-profit art space and organization comprised of exhibition space Mite and Community space Ugro. It is established by local artists and curators in 2009, and located in traditional market of old downtown where the Korean government's projects (Gwangju Biennale, Asia Culture Center, etc.) are in force. Since its inception, the space is continuing various and experimental activities like supporting emerging artists, international exchange program, and independent curator workshop. In addition to this, they organize critic seminar and publish quarterly art&culture criticism magazine with Space Heem (Busan) and D.A.aura (Gwangju) to contribute to critical debates in local area. Mite-Ugro also carry out exchange with other art spaces and artists based in Asia through 'Doing Nothing Residency'. For 2016, they are curating and organizing The 11th Gwangju Biennale Monthly Gathering as local curatorial associate.
Mite-Ugro is a non-profit art space and an organization that is located in the traditional market at the center of Gwangju downtown. Mite-Ugro was established by the will of the artists and the curators.
We are working on international residency, supporting emerging artists, international exchange exhibitions, independent curators workshops, monthly gathering program, etc. We are striving for artists exchanges and culture exchanges through the residency program which is based on Asia. We have gallery, café, archive library, and guest house.
- Duration of residencies： Between 1 and 3 months
- Number of artists resident at one time： 1-3
- Grants available： Free Working Space,Free Living Space
- Expenses paid by artist： N.A
- Application： A.S, Portfolio, Proposal, C.V (Free Form)
- Selection procedure： Selected by Committee
- Expectation from the artists： N.A
- Presentation of artists' work： N.A
- Setting： Urban
- Working Language： English,Korean
- Resources： N.A
- Number of studios： N.A
- Facilities： N.A
- Size of studios / Type of Sudios： N.A / Private Studio,Shared Studio
- Accommodation： Private Room,Shared Room
- Companions allowed： Yes
- Nearest international airport： Incheon International Airport (ICN)
- Nearest local airport： Gwangju Airport (KWJ)
- Nearest train station： Gwangju Station (KTX)
- By Car： N.A
- Images Resource：Mite-Ugro