- Date established：1981
- Country：Europe - Holland
- Type of Organization：Non-Profit Institution
- Disciplines and Media：Art & Media Technology
- Contact information：
- Name of residency：Summer sessions and Full Residence
- Address：Eendrachtsstraat 10, Rotterdam, NL
+31 10 2067272
V2_Lab is an instigator of artistic projects which interrogate and illuminate contemporary issues in art, science, technology, and society. The mission is to produce works of art with conceptual clarity and high production values, provide frameworks for presenting these artworks, and create meaningful exchanges on artistic research and production methods. V2_Lab is an autonomous zone where experiments and collaborations can take place outside of the constraints of innovation agendas or economic and political imperatives.
The Summer Sessions are short-term residencies for young artists organized by a network of cultural organizations all over the world. The Summer Sessions offer a highly productive atmosphere with production support and expert feedback to jumpstart your professional art practice. The result is a pressure cooker in which you develop a project, from concept to presentable work, ready to show.
Full residencies are curated by V2_. 但here is no call, though we are open to artists who approach us with feasible plans within our areas of interest and expertise.
As part of the residencies V2_ offer artists a workspace and specialized technical and artistic support.
- Duration of residencies： Please refer to the website for the latest announcement.
- Number of artists resident at one time： Variable, +- 8 during Summer Sessions programme
- Grants available： All to be negotiated, varies per case.
- Expenses paid by artist： All to be negotiated, varies per case.
- Application： Open Call
- Selection procedure： Open call with jury
- Expectation from the artists： Make introductionary video
- Presentation of artists' work： During Test_Lab: Summer Sessions event and exhibition
- Setting： Urban
- Working Language： English,Dutch
- Resources： V2_Lab use & lab assistence, international network of collaborating partners
- Number of studios： 1 large space
- Facilities： All that is necessary
- Size of studios / Type of Sudios： N.A / Shared Studio
- Accommodation： Variable per case
- Companions allowed： Yes
- Nearest international airport： Rotterdam The Hague Airport (RTM), Schiphol Airport (60km)
- Nearest local airport： Rotterdam The Hague Airport (RTM)
- Nearest train station： Rotterdam Central station Rotterdam Blaak
- By Car： N.A
- Images Resource：V2_ Lab for the Unstable Media