- Date established：2014
- Country：Asia - India
- Type of Organization：Independent Association
- Disciplines and Media：Interdisciplinary
- Contact information：
- Name of residency：Artel
- Address：TIFA Working Studios, 12A Connaught Road, Sadhu Vaswani Chowk, Pune, India 411001
+91 96234 44433
TIFA Working Studios is an alternative education platform for the arts. TIFA was created to innovate within and outside of the existing educational ecosystem in India to provide creative solutions to fellow institutions, art organizations and cultural communities. With a focus on discussion and collaboration, TIFA introduces modules to spark ideation, conceptualization, expression and meticulous execution of projects. Employing new faculties and resources available we encourage the exploration and development of forthcoming realities. TIFA as a platform for exposure and creativity, will present a holistic and trans-disciplinary conference in the city by connecting with international communities.
TIFA Working Studios invites artists and a curator for a 4 week residency in Pune, India annually. The open call is dedicated to artists, architects, filmmakers、signers, performing artists, illustrators, photographers, researchers, writers and interdisciplinary practitioners to experiment, participate, collaborate during their time here. The residency offers a production budget, per diems, food and shared accommodation.
During the residency each artist will have a presentation of their previous works and works in progress. These presentations are open to public. The last day of the residency will be Open Studios where artists will display their work created over the last month to the community.
- Duration of residencies： 4 Weeks
- Number of artists resident at one time： 10
- Grants available： N.A
- Expenses paid by artist： N.A
- Application： Application form available on website – International Artists Residency
- Selection procedure： Jury chooses talented, multidisciplinary, contemporary artists based for portfolio and CV.
- Expectation from the artists： Artists are expected to participate and engage during the residency with other artists. Artists will make a presentation of their previous works to the community. Artists will create a project for the Open Day at the end of the residency.
- Presentation of artists' work： The artist can choose the medium of presentation during the open day.
- Setting： Urban
- Working Language： English,Hindi
- Resources： Wi-fi, Basic Tools, Volunteers available
- Number of studios： 14
- Facilities： Studio Space, Technology Support, Studio Space, Media Room
- Size of studios / Type of Sudios： N.A / Private Studio
- Accommodation： Private Room
- Companions allowed： No
- Nearest international airport： Mumbai International Airport (BOM), 4 hours away by car, 30 minutes by flight
- Nearest local airport： Pune Airport (PNQ), 20 minutes away
- Nearest train station： Pune Railway Station, 2 minutes away
- By Car： Mumbai to Pune (4 Hours)
- Images Resource：TIFA (Talera Institution of Fine & Applied Arts) Working Studios